Threads

This is an older discussion about the Reharmonization 101 article. Go here for the most recent version: http://www.learnjazzpiano.com/article/2014/09/16/r...

...No Title...

Reharmonization is all about finding little tricks like that to replace the expected "correct" chord progressions that are suggested by diatonic theory and...

05/24/2014, by 0 replies
  rfgthyjuk

poop sdfhdrasdfgbn 3rvg hwqrdsgefgfgvfdffffnj,ktf,,ryheyt nntvewarwvedqwcfsrcwdadcvefvwegvrewhrhtjykyetwrqqfihswhudhalhlafhflhh;hvmewhijioijijwjwjwjqjpo...

07/20/2010, by 0 replies
  poop

sdfhdrasdfgbn 3rvg hwqrdsgefgfgvfdffffnj,ktf,,ryheyt nntvewarwvedqwcfsrcwdadcvefvwegvrewhrhtjykyetwrqqfihswhudhalhlafhflhh;hvmewhijioijijwjwjwjqjpoqjpjjrpj...

07/20/2010, by 0 replies
  Message number: 47090

If you look at the illustration in the "Leading Chords" section you'll see a B7 moving to a Bb7 and a Gb7 moving to an F7, In those cases the B7 ...

04/04/2010, by 0 replies
  Please illustrate a leading chord

"A leading chord is a 7th chord that is 1/2 step above the chord you want to go to." Could you give an illustration ? Someone who already kno...

04/04/2010, by 0 replies
  decookman

mylove...

09/13/2007, by 0 replies
  Hm

WoW...

05/29/2007, by 0 replies
  Blue Moon

Hi, while reading about Reharmonization 101, I came up to some nice writing about harmonizing every note in Blue Moon and other great tips in other tunes. ...

05/13/2007, by 0 replies
  Message number: 32610

Well, it's a copyrighted song so we can't do that here. Why don't you buy the old Stan Getz/Gilberto recording? You can't get much better than that if you...

01/22/2007, by 0 replies
  Girl from Ipanema

Is it possible to get this uploaded- a kinda nice music to playm esp. an amateur. Thanks Bonnie...

01/21/2007, by 0 replies
  Message number: 29347

These ideas are available to everyone! Just come to this site and explore all of the resources everyone has uploaded.

08/17/2006, by 0 replies
  WOW!

mr. scott, i wish you could make this ideas available to Nigerians..we are in want of good books and materials.

08/10/2006, by 0 replies
  Message number: 26967

Go to the top of this page, find "Rooms: Show List." Click on Show List. Albetan's room is on the bottom panel in the second of four columns. ...

05/04/2006, by 0 replies
  Message number: 26963

ok.. where do i find that info pls?...

05/04/2006, by 0 replies
  Message number: 26962

See at Albetan's area these files: [b]Melodic Voicings 1, 2, 3, 4. Performing Jazz lead sheets.[/b]...

05/04/2006, by 0 replies
  new

Hi Guys, I am new to this site.. and very interested in Jazz voicings.. paticularly 2 handed big cool voicings :) However lacking ideas or suggestion ...

05/04/2006, by 0 replies
  Message number: 25221

Here's how it works. When you [i]practice[/i] jazz, you think about theories, formulas, and all the stuff you are trying to progress in. When you [i]...

03/15/2006, by 0 replies
  HARMONIZATION

SIR, when you play jazz, do you really have to think of the thoeries learned or do we have to really just experiment? should the techniques and ideas of cl...

03/13/2006, by 0 replies
  FBEADGC

"Freddy Bead Great Cat" FBEADGC is all the flat keys going forward all the sharp keys going backwards; circle of fourths forwards; circle of fif...

08/01/2005, by 0 replies
  Message number: 12519

Interesting, Neighbor, I'll give it a try. As for math and music, yes, there's plenty of evidence for that. I worked in high-tech for a while and the...

04/06/2005, by 0 replies
Please sign in to post new messages.

Jazz Piano Notebook Series
Scot Ranney's Jazz Piano Notebook, Volume 1 - jazz piano tricks of the trade

Volume 1 of this educational jazz piano book contains 15 jazz piano exercises, tricks, and other interesting jazz piano techniques, voicings, grooves, and ideas Scot Ranney enjoys playing.

buy pdf version - buy coil binding version - videos

Scot Ranney's Jazz Piano Notebook, Volume 2 - jazz piano tricks of the trade you can use today
"Latinesque"

Volume 2 has 14 jazz piano exercises and tricks of the trade, and quite a bit of it is Calypso jazz piano related material, including some Monty Alexander and Michel Camilo style grooves. Jazz piano education is through the ears, but books like this can help.

buy pdf version - buy coil binding version

Tim Richards' Jazz Piano Notebook - jazz piano tricks of the trade

Volume 3 contains 12 jazz piano exercises and explorations by the acclaimed jazz piano educator, pianist, author, and recording artist Tim Richards.

Tim wrote the well known "Exploring Jazz Piano" and "Improvising Blues Piano" books and has several others to his name.

Jeff Brent's Jazz Piano Notebook - jazz piano tricks of the trade

Volume 4 is by Jeff Brent, a jazz pianist, composer, teacher, and author of "Modalogy" and other acclaimed jazz theory and education books. In this book Jeff shares detailed analysis of transcriptions of live performances. He covers everything from the shape of the songs to the tricks and licks he uses in improvised lines to the ideas behind his lush chord voicings.

Most Recent Discussions
Great Resource for Jazz Pianists
Scale in Calderazzo solo
analyzing Someone To Watch Over Me
Site updates
Korg SV-1 vs Nord Electro
Brad Brad Mehldau's independant left hand
more...
Articles

Piano for Adoption Scam
Aprender Jazz en Piano
BEWARE: FREE BABY GRAND PIANO SCAM
Oh Tannenbaum for Jazz Piano
Volume 5 of the "Jazz Piano Notebook Series" is Available!
LearnJazzPiano.com File Downloads News
more...

Top Sheetmusic Picks

Jazzy Christmas Arrangements
Cocktail Piano
Best Songs Ever, 6th Edition
Christmas Medley
Moana Songbook
Late Night Jazz Piano

Jazz piano education is cool.

be the main character in your own story

Rock on. Follow your passion.

Sign In

privacy policyterms of serviceabout • 50,655 messages 63,069 accounts 57,171 logins
LearnJazzPiano.com Copyright © 1995-2024 by Scot Ranney • website software and design by scot's scripts
LearnJazzPiano.com is For Sale - Serious Inquiries Only